Sunday 5 July 2009

Boho Butterfly Earrings

Thank you to the lovely customer in the United States who contacted me recently to enquire about my 'Boho Butterfly' Ribbon Bracelet featured below in 'Welcome to the Secret Garden'. She also asked me if I would be interested in designing a pair of matching earrings. Sweet music to my ears!

I was delighted. There's nothing I love more than a creative challenge! It pushes you that bit further to explore avenues you may never have gone down. And who knows where they might lead?

'Boho Butterfly' Earrings

In this case, a pair of sparkling amethyst czech glass beads were just crying out to be combined with some violet organza ribbon, pretty lampwork beads and freshwater pearls. Not forgetting those gorgeous, dancing silver butterfly charms. I'm so pleased with the result that I can feel a whole new line of earrings coming on. Watch this space!

I hope that the lovely lady who inspired me to make them gets as much pleasure from wearing them as I had designing them.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure she will, they are stunning.... beautiful design and delicious colours!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Artisanne and thank you for your comment! You've inspired me to make some more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful earrings:) I read about you on MakeJewellery magazine. You make such beautiful designs. But reading about you in a magazine I expected to see a lot of stock ready for sales brought from that. So this made me wondering do you know you are featured there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you lightkeeping for your lovely comments and for letting me know about the article! I did know that i was going to be featured in Make Jewellery magazine but as it didn't appear in the issue I expected it to be in I thought perhaps they hadn't used it. Can I ask which issue you saw it in? Will get on the case and replenish stock immediately! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's in Issue 10 for February and you are featured on page 15 as Folksy shop of the month. I am happy I told you:) Making jewellery myself and selling it online I know how important it is to use the change. Hope the magazine feature brings you lots of sales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Just been re-stocking my Folksy shop. I will go straight out and buy a copy. How exciting! You have just managed to motivate me straight out of the January blues!

    ReplyDelete